Saturday, April 20, 2013

Know Someone Suffering from Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue or ...? Read Dee's story


In 2000 I was diagnosed with myofascial pain syndrome, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, depression, insomnia, severe daily migraines and benign positional vertigo... all of which prohibited me from working my full time job.  

The pain was unbearable and, after my pain Doctor visits, I returned to my couch with hot, then cold, packs after being paint brushed with bio-freeze. 

I am single and had to return to work after a six month leave. I was cane, or walker, assisted, but finally had to retire at the tender age of 57 (see stacks of medical records and research above).

For the past 12 years I have been on approximately 50 different meds... from "A-Z" (Ambien CR to Zoloft) seeking the right ones to help function. I was popping as many as 25 different meds a day, like candy, trying to eradicate the excruciating pain and get some rest. In conjunction with meds, I had extensive physical therapy, occupational therapy, massage therapy, aqua therapy, body talk therapy, acupuncture, cranial sacrum therapy, reflexology, and holistic therapy. 

One holistic therapy was with a Native American Indian which was 110 miles one way (saw for 6 months in 2009). Early onset, I even had a massage table in my home where an aroma therapist would work on me for at least 3 hours, 3 times a week, in addition to my other, much needed, medical visits.

I was visiting orthopedic surgeons, neurologists, my primary physician, several holistic practitioners, and took tons of herbs along with my meds. I saw a psychiatrist, psychologist and physiatrist (pain Doctor). I even drove to Palm Beach to the Upledger Pain Clinic and dropped many dollars ... all with no relief in sight. I own, not one, but three TENS units, which sends off electrical stimulations to the painful areas at different intervals and pressure. Surgeons wanted to implant me with a permanent electrical transmitter in my side that I would hit to send signals to my brain to distract my mind from the pain. One surgeon wanted to operate on my spine, thinking that would help. I refused anyone to implant anything or touch my spine and I rejected the suggested epidural shots - but these were about the only treatments I didn't try, as you can tell.

Allthough I relied heavily on drugs and herbs at one time, I always preferred to get to the root problem and not just approach it with a temporary fix.

My prayers were answered when my friend Teresa introduced me to Qivana in January of 2012. I started out with the Qore Probiotics, then the Qore Essentials. Recently I added the PRIME and am now on the Metaboliq program to correct my metabolism. 

Today I am off ALL of my pain meds, including my migraine medicine, and will soon wean off sleep medication (a mild, minimal dose). I'm already off Ambien CR - yippee! 

Here's a picture of all the health aids, meds and supplements I don't need anymore (click photo to enlarge):



I wish the Neurologist (who told me that I was the worse case of fibromyalgia he ever saw) could see me now. I thoroughly enjoy dancing, golfing, boating, bowling, playing ping pong, bike riding and something I had much difficulty with... walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment